Originally published on Thursday, August 30, 2012
• FREEPORT: Trout are good at San Luis Pass on shrimp, topwaters and soft plastics. Trout, redfish, sand trout and sheepshead are good on live shrimp on the reefs in Christmas Bay.
• EAST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are good for drifters on live shrimp over mid-bay reefs and shell and mud humps. Trout and redfish are good over mud on live mullet.
• WEST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair over sand and grass humps on soft plastics and topwaters. Redfish and black drum are fair to good at Shell Island on live shrimp.
• PORT O'CONNOR: Trout and redfish are good at the jetty on live bait. Trout and redfish are fair to good on topwaters and live bait over sand, grass and shell in San Antonio Bay. Trout and redfish are fair for drifters working the back lakes with live shrimp and small topwaters.
• ROCKPORT: Trout are fair over grass while drifting with live shrimp and Gulps. Redfish are good on piggy perch and shrimp around Mud Island and Estes Flats. High tides have pushed fish to the back lakes.
• PORT ARANSAS: Trout, redfish and sheepshead are fair to good at the jetty on shrimp and croakers. Offshore is good for dolphin, ling, kingfish and tuna, though seas have been rough due to tropical weather in the Gulf.
• CORPUS CHRISTI: Trout are good in Oso Bay for waders tossing Super Spooks and MirrOlures. Trout are fair to good on the edge of the spoils on piggy perch, Gulps and live shrimp. Redfish are good in the potholes on shrimp and piggies.
BAFFIN BAY: Trout are good on topwaters and soft plastics around deep rocks and grass. Trout are fair to good on soft plastics under a popping cork on the grass in the Land Cut. Redfish have been found on the flats with higher tides.