Originally published on Thursday, September 6, 2012
• FREEPORT: Sand trout and croakers are fair at San Luis Pass on shrimp. Black drum are good on the reefs in Bastrop Bay.
• EAST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair for drifters on live shrimp over humps and scattered shell. Waders have found scattered catches on the shorelines on small topwaters and plastics.
• WEST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair on sand and grass humps on soft plastics and topwaters. Redfish are fair on live shrimp in Oyster Lake, Crab Lake and Shell Island.
• PORT O'CONNOR: Trout and redfish are fair on live bait over sand, grass and shell in San Antonio Bay and around Pass Cavallo. Trout and redfish are fair for drifters working the back lakes with live shrimp.
• ROCKPORT: Redfish are good on mullet on the Estes Flats and around Mud Island. Trout are fair at Spalding Bight on live bait and small topwaters.
• PORT ARANSAS: Redfish are fair at East Flats on topwaters and Gulps. Trout, redfish and sheepshead are fair to good at the jetty on shrimp and croakers. Offshore is good for amberjack, kingfish, tuna and dolphin.
• CORPUS CHRISTI: Trout are fair on the edge of the spoils on Gulps, piggy perch and live shrimp. Redfish are fair in the guts along shorelines and mullet and piggy perch.
• BAFFIN BAY: Trout are good on piggy perch, topwaters and plum plastics around rocks and grass. Redfish are fair to good in knee-deep water on small topwaters and piggy perch.
• PORT MANSFIELD: Trout are fair to good while working deep sand and grass on soft plastics. Redfish are fair to good while drifting pot holes on topwaters and soft plastics under a popping cork. Offshore is good for kingfish, ling and dolphin.
COMPILED BY BINK GRIMES